WALKER LEARNING STUDY TOUR & PD DAY F to Year 2 - (2 DAYS)
This inspirational Walker Learning 2 day PD is for leaders and teachers interested in this approach and or those already implementing Play-Based Learning, wishing to refine and clarify practice.
Day 1 : This session is an introductory presentation of the key elements of Walker Learning in the early years (ages 5 - 8) including:
- The research and philosophy of Walker Learning
- How to set up inspiring learning environments
- The explicit teaching and linking to framework
- The investigation session
- How to authentically link literacy and numeracy into investigations
- Implementation strategies for teams and schools
- Introduction to Walker Learning documentation which links to the existing curriculum framework
Included is video footage and photos of key elements of the Play Based Learning pedagogy in F to Y2, from classrooms across Australia.
Day 2: We visit a school using Walker Learning across years F to Year 2 where you will see quality Play-Based Learning in action.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Observe children and teachers during investigations
- The key elements of the WL learning environment
- See working demonstrations of; tuning-in, reflection, focus children, reporter and photographer systems.
- Meet experienced teachers and leaders to discuss elements and implementation strategies
You will also have the opportunity to meet and discuss these key elements with the educators at the school.
How do we create interesting and meaningful environments that promote, engage and sustain children’s learning through play?
After the Study Tour we will spend the afternoon exploring the importance of creating spaces that nurture and inspire whilst facilitating learning.
In this session we will:
- The key elements of quality learning environments indoors and outdoors
- Considerations for design, set up, materials and equipment
- The importance of open ended learning spaces
- Supporting children to resource their own learning
- Planning for ongoing modifications
- Intentional teaching.
You will also see examples of how to add and use everyday materials within a realistic budget to assist children in their learning, engagement and exploration both indoors and outdoors.
Australian Professional Teaching Standards
APTS –1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.5, 3.4 6.2, 6.3
APTS –1.2, 3.4, 3.6, 3.7, 4.1,4.2, 5.4, 6.2
Morning tea and Lunch are provided
Early Start Time: 8am – 3.30pm
Our "2 Day" PD's are always popular with educators and leadership across Australia, please book early.
Please note: Day 1 ( Walker Learning Overview including Planning and Documentation )
Day 2 ( Study Tour f-2 PLUS Creating an Engaging and Intentional Learning Environment )