WALKER LEARNING OVERVIEW - Kindy to Year 2 - PERTH
A fabulous session for educators and leadership wanting to optimise young childrens learning through a play-based pedagogy.
This session is an introductory presentation of the key elements of Walker Learning in the early years including:
- The research and philosophy of Walker Learning
- How to set up the Environment
- The explicit teaching and linking to framework
- The investigation session
- Linking of Literacy and Numeracy
- Planning and documentation
- Implementation strategies for teams and schools
Ideally suited for educators who are new to or early in their Walker Learning journey.
Included is video footage and photos of key elements of the pedagogy in K-2, from classrooms across Australia.
Dr Shona Bass will be presenting this session. Shona is renowned both within Australia and internationally for her work in the education and medical sectors. She has published widely and co-authored with Kathy Walker, Early Childhood Play Matters. A text published by ACER Australia which supports Walker Learning implementation.
This session was booked out in 2017. Register Early.
Telethon Speech and Hearing Centre
Wembley, WA 6014